A Great New NALS Member Benefit - Insurance Coverage
2021 Open Enrollment Period for new health coverage options is here!
As a member of the NALS, you have exclusive access to affordable health insurance options for you, your family, and your business/employees from our partner, LIG Solutions.
Coverage options include (can vary by state):
· Major medical
· Medicare/Medicare Advantage
· Short-term health plans
· Dental plans
· Critical care coverage
· Additional supplemental health and wellness options
Register for the NALS/LIG Solutions webinar on Tuesday, November 24th at 1:00pm Eastern Time to learn more. This informative presentation will last approximately 45 minutes and will go over all program details and will allow you to ask questions. Register for this no-cost webinar HERE:
If you are unable to attend the webinar LIG offers individual health plans that are tailored to your unique health and financial needs. Your LIG advisor will find you affordable coverage from major insurance carriers across the USA. To schedule an appointment with a licensed advisor, please call the LIG team at 866-983-9057 or visit www.LIGmembers.com/NALS.
We thank you for being a valued member of the NALS and your continued support of our organization. If you need additional information regarding this exclusive member benefit, please call 866-983-9057 to speak directly with the team at LIG.
*NY, CA, and other states have extended their Open Enrollment Period, call LIG for details.
NALS...the association for legal professionals | www.nals.org
Subject: [Ilaw] Paralegal Position Available
Looking for a paralegal with real estate experience, guardianship and knowledge of CLIO (this is not mandatory).
Need someone who is a diligent worker, does not mind light overtime, is meticulous in his/her work. I need someone who can work independently.
Please email me resumes.
Sandra N. Busell, Esq.
Sandra N Busell PC
1201 RXR Plaza, 12th Floor
Uniondale, NY 11556
Paralegal/legal assistant with 2-4 years min. commercial/civil litigation (recent) experience
Assistant office manager with Quick books proficiency (recent, consistent use) law office experience a plus
**These are not work from home positions- in person for the Melville office required
Resume and cover letter email only email@example.com
Leslie H. Tayne, Esq.
Corporate Legal Counsel - Specializing in Regulatory Affairs / FDA
THE POSITION OVERVIEW
Premier Brands of America is seeking an experienced Corporate Counsel, reporting to the President/COO, to provide legal and regulatory counseling and management to key stakeholders across the organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice on all regulatory and compliance matters, FDA compliance for medical devices, drugs, and cosmetics. This will be a very hands-on role, where the Corporate Counsel is expected to be an active participant in the running of the Regulatory and Legal business units.
The Corporate Counsel will work closely with will levels of the Management teams to draft, and review, strategic and tactical guidance to meet both compliance obligations and strategic business objectives. The Corporate Counsel will help negotiate commercial contracts, consult and advise business leaders on compliance matters and risk mitigation strategies across a wide range of business activities, as well as support internal operational teams in developing policies and processes that deliver against our compliance and business obligations.
- Advise key internal stakeholders on legal and regulatory issues, including FDA regulations for OTC drugs, Medical Devices, and Cosmetics.
- Assist in the development, implementation, communication, and enforcement of organizational compliance policies and procedures that will deliver outcomes that are ethically sound and legally compliant.
- As part of the Management Committee, the Corporate Counsel will provide executives and senior management with effective advice on legal issues, risk mitigation and company business strategies, and their implementation.
- Understanding of both Legal and Compliance view toward issues ideally gained within a healthcare/ pharmaceutical environment, or alternatively, with a law firm representing healthcare clients.
- Represent the needs and concerns of Premier Brands externally to customers, vendors, business partners or government agencies.
- Manage regulatory team and provide oversight and guidance on regulatory strategies, submissions, and projects.
- Participate in other legal projects as directed, including managing legal issues that arise in existing relationships and assisting on dispute resolution and litigation.
- Provide legal guidance and manage external counsel on corporate matters.
- Understand how regulatory guidelines pertain to product labeling, including interpretation of efficacy and safety data.
Click Here to Apply
- Licensed to practice law in the US, with admission to (and current good standing with) the New York State Bar Association.
- Science background in biology, chemistry, pharmaceuticals or toxicology is desired. Strong legal expertise and knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience practicing as an attorney, advising clients on health care matters either in-house (manufacturer or health provider) or at a law firm supporting clients in the life sciences industry
- Knowledge of FDA Quality System regulations and how they will apply to OTC’s, Medical Devices, and Cosmetics products under newer developing FDA programs.
- Proven understanding of regulatory processes for pharmaceutical products, including interpretation of efficacy and safety data, marketing and commercialization of products.
- Must have the ability to provide legal advice clearly and confidently and have strong commercial instincts.
- Ability to manage and serve a wide range of clients within the company by recognizing and responding quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
- Highly motivated and experienced in successfully handling multiple projects with often short deadlines and can work independently and prioritize responsibly with minimal supervision.
Litigation Paralegal (Insurance Defense)
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is a national law firm with 50+ offices across the country who offers legal practice in more than 40+ specialties, as well as a multitude of sub-specialties. We are excited about the many new paralegal opportunities to join our growing litigation team in the New York office (Wall Street area). Responsibilities for the litigation paralegal will include, but are not limited to, litigation case management, preparing filings and documents, page line deposition summaries, medical records summaries, and some legal research. The successful candidate should have some a minimum of 3+ years of litigation experience, well-organized, independent, detailed oriented and ability to multi-task with strong oral and written communication skills. Also, paralegal will exercise excellent judgment, decision-making skills, and strong organizational skills and manage time effectively with the ability to think critically/analytically in a dynamic environment. One who practices and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation is an important part of the firm culture. Experience with billable hours is a strong plus. ABA Paralegal certificate generally required. Please submit cover letter and resume with “NY Paralegal” in the subject line.
Click Here to Apply
Administrative assistant for landlord tenant firm
Extremely fast paced Landlord/Tenant Law Firm/ Real Estate Company on Upper East Side is seeking an enthusiastic/high energy individual with professional communication skills and strong knowledge of English language to handle various office duties such as:
Answer and route phone calls.
General typing, data entry, faxing and filing maintaining files.
Heavy correspondence via phone/email with clients.
Heavy Data entry.
Assist attorneys in all aspects of trial preparation and document filing.
Ability to multitask
Assist attorneys in court when needed.
Assist with other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and have Microsoft Word and Outlook experience. Spanish/English speaking a plus.
Experience preferred. Ability to learn and positive attitude a must!
Must pay attention to detail and take pride in the quality of their work.
All the Best
Jason M. Green
Winter 2020 Membership Sale - Extended until Jan. 31!
NALS…the association for legal professionals is hosting a winter sale for annual national memberships. This SALE has been extended until January 31, 2020. All new individual members who register are eligible for a 50% discount on their annual national membership dues ($130.00). This is a total savings of $65.00 for all new members! Enter Promo Code WINTER2020 when prompted. (www.NALS.org)
The legal support profession is fast-paced and ever-changing. A NALS membership offers every individual the opportunity to improve his/her skills with state-of-the-art resources at our fingertips. Membership in NALS allows us to explore the most up-to-date trends and practices and enhance our careers. Networking with our fellow legal professionals is rewarding and fun!
By joining, you become connected to a larger group of legal professionals across the country that gather online through our SocialLink member dashboard system. Local and state NALS chapters offer social events, education, and networking with colleagues near you. While traveling, see if there's a chapter near your destination and meet other members around the country! Visit our Member Benefits section to learn more about all the available benefits of membership.
NALS of SUFFOLK COUNTY…
the association for legal professionals
2020 New Year’s Social
Thursday, January 23, 2020
Starting at 6:00 p.m.
Coastal Kitchen & Daiquiri Bar
12 E Main Street
Bay Shore, NY 11706
*drinks and food at own expense*
Come join us for a gathering to celebrate the new year!
Send your comments and suggestions to: Lora A. Rosenthal, President Suffolk Chapter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website @ www.nalsofnewyorkinc.org
|January 14, 2020
Need full time calendar Clerk
The ideal candidate must have law firm experience and is familiar with legal documents. We are very fast-paced, with many cases going on simultaneously. We love what we do and make ourselves available to our clients. We pride ourselves in seeking justice for our clients and not allowing insurance companies to take advantage of them. We service all of California. No day goes too slow here.
Looking to hire full time calendar clerk. Let me know of any leads. Thank you. Email responses only.
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST RESPOND BY EMAIL WITH YOUR:
Paul Bryan Schneider, Esq.
Law Offices of Paul Bryan Schneider, P.C.
225 Broad Hollow Road
Melville, N.Y. 11747
|January 22, 2020
Good evening, everyone, and Happy New Year!
I am so hopeful that 2020 will be a year filled with happiness, peace, and growth. Yes, growth.
NALS is having a membership sale which runs until January 22, 2020, so go out there and recruit new members. Details and a membership application are in this newsletter.
We are also gearing up for the 2020-2021 term, so please take a few minutes to complete and submit the Nomination Form to Marilyn Curry before February 15, 2020. Details about the election; our chapter's annual meeting on April 6, 2020; and the duties of the elected officers are also included in this newsletter. Please remember that only members in good standing are eligible to run for an office and hold an office. If you want to know the status of your membership, please contact me as soon as possible.
Finally, we have many events coming up on the local and state levels, so please attend one, attend some, attend all! We would love to see you. Event dates are also included in the newsletter!
Thank you for your time and your continued dedication to NALS of Suffolk County...the association for legal professionals.
NALS of Suffolk County-"Legalities"
December 2, 2020
NALS of SUFFOLK COUNTY…
the association for legal professional
NALS of New York... The association for legal professionals EDUCATION & NETWORKING CONFRENCE.
EDUCATION & NETWORKING CONFRENCE.
Continuing Legal Education sessions
Come out and Network with members and colleagues from other chapters from New York State.
Participate in the Election of the Executive Committee Offices of NALS of New York... the association for legal professionals.
Interested in attending, speaking or sponsorship:
Please contact Toni VanSchaick, PP
NALS 68th Annual Education + Networking Conference | Little Rock, Arkansas | Link |NALS 68TH ANNUAL EDUCATION AND NETWORKING CONFERENCE
Registration Now Open! Registration for the NALS 68th Annual Education and Networking Conference is now OPEN. The conference is being held in beautiful Little Rock, Arkansas, September 25-28, 2019. Early-bird Registration ends June 15, 2019 (mail-in registrations must be postmarked by June 15, 2019). The regular registration period ends on August 15, 2019. Late registrations will be honored until September 10, 2019.
May 16, 2019
Solo Practitioner is looking for a dynamic and energetic team player to join our team as a part time Paralegal (20-25 hours). Candidate must be self -motivated and be comfortable with client communications and able to draft documents, legal research and provide overall support to the Attorney’s needs that will enhance our growing legal firm.
• Record and store client information
• Draft real estate contracts, transfer documents, deeds, closing documents
• Draft pleadings, discovery demands and responses, trial preparation
• Draft Wills and Power of Attorney documents
• Familiar with loan modification packages
• 3-5 years of Paralegal experience
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Ability to follow instructions without excess supervision
• Must be highly organized and meticulous
• Must be a Notary
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office tools
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment; ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently to meet deadlines
If you are interested in this position, please send resume and cover letter (no phone call). Salary commensurate with experience
April 29, 2019
May 2018 NALS of Suffolk County…the association for legal professionals
Attached is the newest issue of "Legalities"!
Please pay close attention because we are up and running, and we have events already planned!
Come out and support NALS of Suffolk County and bring a friend or two to join you and us!
March 19, 2019
An Overview of the NALS Board of Directors Retreat
Dear NALS Member
As a responsibility to membership, NALS Board of Directors and the association’s legal counsel (Hall Estill) have rectified the internal issues amongst staff, and the investigation is now concluded. As legal support professionals, you all can appreciate that concerns regarding sensitive personnel matters directly cannot be disclosed. We do, however, want to clear up a few rumors that have been circulating over the past few months. At no time, was any employee of NALS, Inc. being investigated for embezzlement. We do not have reason to believe that any staff person has misappropriated any funds of NALS, Inc. We want to remind you that this investigation was solely regarding staff/employees of NALS, Inc. The Board of Directors received counsel from an independent third-party (attorney, Molly Aspan) who represented NALS, Inc., which includes the NALS Board, all committees, states, chapters, and members. At no point did counsel represent or advise any employee.
Throughout this process, we have heard your concerns, and we are striving to maximize transparency while simultaneously complying with the law. As such, we would like to provide you with a list of topics discussed during our Board Retreat earlier this month.
NALS 68th Annual Education + Networking Conference (Little Rock, Arkansas)
We are pleased to have all staff joining us during the 68th Annual Education and Networking Conference in Little Rock, AR, September 26-28, 2019. While you’re at the conference, make sure you say hi to Lydia Goodner, Maria Easterly, and Morgan Ballou, and thank them for their hard work.
The NALS Board of Directors will be hosting a Networking suite. Throughout the Conference, we encourage all attendees to stop by the suite during session breaks.
Thank you to the NALS Foundation for continuing to sponsor our keynote speaker. Trustees are also working on our celebration of NALS 90th year.
We will also be recognizing Tammy Hailey, CAE, the retiring Executive Director of NALS, for her 40 years of service to the association and this community. Tammy’s service has been invaluable, and we would not have made it this far without her.
The Little Rock Conference Taskforce has been working diligently to find great speakers for this year’s conference and we much appreciate every one of them. We intend to have a detailed schedule on the website soon.
We have received numerous emails concerning our current Standing Rules and Bylaws, and believe that now is a great time to make some proposed changes. As such, we are implementing a Governance Review Taskforce. Additionally, with the transition to a new Executive Director, we are implementing a Financial Oversight Committee. These new processes will create a more transparent environment. Be on the lookout for more details about how to become involved in these groups.
Previously, a decision was made to increase member dues by $5.00 effective July 1, 2019. As a result of the sale of the NALS Resource Center last year, the Board has decided that this increase is unnecessary and will no longer be added to your dues. If you have received an invoice for your July 2019 membership dues, please contact Morgan Ballou for an adjustment. Moving forward, all other invoices have been corrected.
Certification + Education
NALS Board of Directors is seeking grants to support numerous innovative board initiatives. If you are a skilled grant writer, please contact us at Board@NALS.org.
We intend to provide another NALS Certification amnesty opportunity. Details of that event will be announced in a digital publication later this year.
NALS Board of Directors and staff will be utilizing an online project management system to establish accountability and continued communications amongst staff and board members. This will allow us to better report to our members on the status of any pending projects.
Finally, be on the lookout for the announcement about our 2020 and 2021 annual conference locations.
Thank you to the members who have reached out to the Board with your suggestions and feedback. It is because of our members that we can make NALS the go-to association for all legal support professionals.
2019 NALS Board of Directors
April 22, 2019
Law Office of Tara A. Scully, P.C.
646 Main Street, Suite 302
Port Jefferson, New York 11777
(631) 509-4646 fax
PARALEGAL NEEDED 4/22/19
We are a growing Elder Law practice seeking an experienced Medicaid Paralegal with a minimum of 1-year experience. Experience and knowledge of the Medicaid application process is required. Our firm practices in areas of Elder Law including estate planning, guardianship proceedings, special needs planning, Medicaid applications, and estate administration.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with excellent customer service skills.
Job duties include:
· Medicaid intake, processing, and review with Department of Social Services
· Maintaining cases and deadlines
· Communications to clients, financial institutions
Other job duties include:
· Scheduling and confirming client appointments.
· Answering incoming telephone calls and responding to client inquiries as needed.
· Corresponding with clients and outside agencies.
· Light data/time entry and financial requirements.
· Serving as a witness to the execution of estate planning documents including advance directives, trusts, and last wills and testaments.
· Additional administrative tasks as needed.
· Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
· Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team.
· Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and have effective time management skills.
· At least 1-year experience completing Medicaid applications.
Following attributes not required but a plus:
· Notary Public
· Experience working with diverse clientele
· 25 - 35 hours per week (flexible)
Job Type: Part-time